"Austin Beeman is a wine expert who blogs about wine, travel, and photography."
- USA Today (Nov 9, 2011)
I, Austin Beeman, have been in the wine business my entire adult life, following a passion that started in 1999 during a year spent living in Southwest France. I use my business acument to advocate for the creatives, the adventures, the terroir-seekers, and artisans in the wine world.
I've been involved in almost every part of the wine business except the wine-making.
These adventures have included...
- Vice President of Marketing for Cutting Edge Selections, one of largest and most important independent fine wine importer/distributors in the Midwest. (My current role)
- Director of Marketing for Bonny Doon Vineyard : Where I dramatically enhanced the Direct-to-Consumer Sales program.
- Leadership of Randall Grahm's crowdfunding campaign "Popelouchum Vineyard: 10,000 Grapes for a New Wine" with success, raising over $175,000 to plant a biodynamic vineyard.
- Received an MBA in Wine & Spirits Management from Kedge Business School. This was a joint program that took me to Bordeaux, Sonoma County, Australia, Shanghai, and Hong Kong, to educate me in the operation of the global wine business.
- Been a featured speaker at two Wine Bloggers' Conferences; Lodi in 2016 and Santa Rosa in 2017. I've presented the state of the wine business and how working with bloggers can help drive direct-to-consumer sales.
- Independent Wine Merchant. I ran the retail wine program for Walt Churchill's Market for nine years. We grew sales 10x in that time while advancing the cause of boutique and hand-crafted wine.
- Bespoke Wine Tour Operator. I create custom/bespoke wine tours to France, Italy, and California with a focus on deep and intimate experiences with wineries that are off the tourist path.
- Online Video Show Producer for Understanding Wine with Austin Beeman. Almost 500,000 downloads in over 50 countries. Routinely top ten wine video podcast in the iTunes Podcast Directory.